How well do you know yourself? How well do you know your strengths, your weaknesses, your intentions, and your goals?
Sometimes all it takes to become more self-aware is a couple of questions to get to know yourself better.
Self-awareness is a clear understanding of your personality. It is a process that involves recognizing our strengths and weaknesses, our thoughts, our ideas, our beliefs, and our feelings.
Moreover, it allows us to understand other people too. It helps us see how others perceive each one of us. It also helps us understand our attitude and our reactions at every moment.
Self-awareness is not something that happens from one moment to another. It is a process that is constantly evolving. As it grows, you can make changes to your thoughts and interpretations of events.
Changing thoughts and interpretations in your mind allows you to change your emotions. As a result, you change your behavior and ultimately yourself.
You will understand why you succeeded or failed somewhere, what you want and what you need to do to succeed.
Most of us think we know ourselves well, but this impression is often far from reality.
Who am I? Most of us think we can answer this question quite well. Nevertheless, you probably know at least one person who deludes himself and doesn’t quite accept his personality, which raises the unpleasant possibility that something similar may be happening to you. How can you know?
Questions to get to know yourself better
Sit somewhere comfortable and quiet, relax and answer the following 86 questions truthfully.
- What are 3 words that describe yourself?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your talents?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- What makes you the most embarrassed in your life?
- What is your biggest concern?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is the fear of failure preventing you from doing?
- What used to scare you, but not anymore?
- Where do you feel safer?
- What makes you feel comfortable?
- What do you enjoy doing most?
- What do you do to take better care of yourself?
- Are you an introverted or extroverted person?
- What makes you more passionate in your life?
- What’s your biggest and proudest achievement?
- What’s your biggest failure?
- Has your personality changed since your childhood? If so, why?
- What do you admire most about yourself?
- How do you make your decisions? By intuition or logic?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- For whom or for what are you most interested in in your life?
- What are your values in life?
- If you only had one wish, what would it be?
- Are you a night or morning person?
- What is your favorite memory?
- What is your favorite occupation?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What do you do when you feel depressed?
- What do you do when you feel stressed?
- What or who can prevent you from fulfilling your dreams?
- If you had kids, what would you advise them to do and what not?
- What’s missing in your life?
- What’s on your mind lately?
- What do you need right now?
- What do you want to remember forever?
- What activities make you lose your sense of time?
- What’s the hardest decision you’ve made?
- What’s the best decision you’ve made?
- By importance, how would you classify the following: happiness, money, love, health, fame?
- What is it something you’ve always wanted but haven’t got yet?
- What is the number one change you need to make in your life?
- What is the number one thing you want to achieve in the next 5 years?
- What is one thing you would never do in your life?
- What is it that you said you would never do, but you did?
- What is it that you recently learned about yourself?
- What do you wish for your future self?
- When you look in the past, what do you miss the most?
- What is it from the past that you do not miss at all?
- What did recently remind you of how fast time flows?
- What is the biggest challenge you are facing right now?
- What are you known for around your family and friends?
- What is the most common thing people don’t know about you?
- What is a common misconception people have about you?
- What is your most common belief that most people disagree with?
- What are the top 3 qualities you are looking for in a friend?
- If you had a friend who talked to you as you talked to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?
- What is the most valuable thing you have?
- What would make you smile right now?
- What do you do when nothing else makes you happy?
- What fascinates you?
📌 PIN THIS FOR LATER 📌
- What is one thing in your life that you wish had never happened?
- What should you avoid to improve your life?
- What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever thought to be true?
- What is something bad that happened to you and made you stronger?
- What is one thing you really hated when you were little, but now you enjoy it?
- What would you do differently if you knew that no one would judge you for it?
- What is the difference between being alive and actually living your life?
- At what point in your past did you feel more passionate and alive?
- What makes you feel empty?
- What’s worse, failing or not trying?
- When did you experience a major turning point in your life?
- Who is someone you can always count on?
- What has not changed in you?
- What mistakes do you make again and again?
- What do you find difficult to say no to?
- Do you do what you really believe in or do you compromise on things?
- What do you value the most in your current situation?
- When you are 90 years old, what will matter the most to you?
- What is one thing you would regret if you didn’t do in your life?
- What is the ideal relationship for you?
- Are you satisfied with the current state of your relationship?
- If you only had 5 minutes, to whom would you choose to speak and what would you say to him?
- Do you treat yourself better than you treat others?
How do you feel after answering these questions?
This is a question that can have many answers for each one of us. It’s not all black and white or good and bad. Some of you may feel oddly uncomfortable.
Others may feel surprised by their answers as they discovered new things about their selves that didn’t know before. Whichever the case there is always room for improvement.
If you feel bad or angry about yourself then let that be your fuel to improve yourself. It can’t all be negative. Focus on your positive characteristics and try to change your bad ones for the better.
On the other hand, if you feel pretty good about yourself, that’s great! Don’t settle for that though. Try to further better yourself as there is literally no limit to that.
Learn to love yourself
Learning to love yourself means to highlight what you have, whether it is humor, beauty, or intelligence. You certainly have many qualifications, many of which are waiting for you to discover. Try it and don’t be afraid of failure, that’s how you learn.
Take care of yourself, don’t neglect it. People come and go in our lives; we are our only companion in this strange and beautiful journey.
Respect yourself. Do not let others hurt you and if they do, get away from them.
You owe nothing to no one. Life is yours and you live it in your own way. Respect your needs and defend them.
Be kind to yourself. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone makes the wrong decisions at some point.
Do not blame yourself for things you have no control over. Just smile and continue.
After all, if you don’t love yourself first, how can you expect someone else to do it?